Thursday, December 10, 2009

Welcome to the Junk Drawer

The easiest way to describe the difference between this blog and my defunct old one is that this one will be more about things I like rather than things that I dislike or things that bring me close to feelings of existential dread or, worst of all, righteous indignation, that most tiresome feeling. In other words, don't ask me for Condoleezza hairdo updates. I will not be writing about politics. Well, not beyond Ronald Reagan, at least.



I just read somebody's interview with a blogger wherein they described said blogger as "carrying on a narrative of discontent." Well, OK, there's nothing wrong with that; I just don't want to be that kind of blogger anymore.


Found 8x10 photo, year unknown. Clicker for bigger!

You can expect: ruminations on menswear, photographs of mysterious objects found in thrift stores, scans from my elementary school notebooks, photographs of food delivery vehicles, drawings from my sketchbook, thoughts about promotional styrofoam antenna balls, etc. Basically like every other blog.

So! Onward!

16 comments:

Distributorcap said...

hangar art - now that is someting i can relate to

Diane Griffin said...

I'm hoping for an occasional comic, myself. So happy you're blogging in public again! :) Hey, I got those CW CDs -- Voodoo Economics is a separate release, btw...

dguzman said...

and more found photos, please!

Fran said...

Retirement is apparently overrated!

Peteykins said...

Hey, I never said I was retiring from blogging; I said I was retiring Princess Sparkle Pony's Photo Blog.

Fran said...

I stand duly corrected!

Unknown said...

Is ugly tourbus photoblogging part of the existentially-dready past or can it be resurrected as a permanent investigation into the significance of colorfield painting? (plz to say "the latter": I miss the buses.)

Peteykins said...

JD, yes, tour bus photoblogging will continue here. They're out of season at the moment.

SJ Avery said...

What a wonderful holiday present - you're back!

Texas Liberal said...

This photo (minus the middle aged balding stranger) instantly takes me back to the family photos of my teenage years - 1963-68 - including the brownish tint, paneled walls and the naughahyde couch. Our couch was brown naughahyde for that authentic fake leather look.

Cindy G said...

Sigh, I still really, really miss PSP.

But I'm happy that you are back in whatever format.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'm glad you're back, too. And I won't even ask for your take on Tiger Woods.

karen marie said...

I am SO glad you're back! You are right to have abandoned "the narrative of discontent." There is more than enough of that around. Looking in peep's junk drawers is a favorite of mine, so thanks for having yours open.

Kristen said...

Glad you're back, and glad I never removed the Sparkle Pony blog from my reader or I never would have found out about this!

Lady Wesley said...

So GLAD you're back. And keeping up Ugly Tour Bus spotting.

Nelly Frittata said...

Just wistfully wandered by the old PSP blog and so happy to see you are back. Looking forward to less angst, more art.