Sunday, December 6, 2009

Be Jealous (Like Me)



I have an acquaintance who is friends with Lynda Carter. Honestly, how glamorous. And it doesn't help my jealousy issues to hear that she's warm and fabulous and smart, even though we already knew that. After all, she said, "She's the Anti Wonder Woman" about Sarah Palin. We love her.

So anyway! A few weeks ago, I accosted my friend: Ooh, I bet you're going to Wonder Woman's house for Thanksgiving, aren't you? He laughed admitted it was all true! And then he told Lynda Carter and she laughed and graciously gave him the signed copy of her new CD, shown above, to pass along to me.

How is it? Well, to be honest, it's an album of "standards," and that's not exactly my area of expertise or my cup of tea. I know, I know, revoke my gay card, etc. Ms. Carter has a strong, clear, slightly sweet voice; there's certainly no cheating or auto-tuning here; she's the real thing. I liked her version of "At Last" a lot, but her rendition of "Cry Me a River" didn't send chills up my spine like Julie London's. Her voice has a slightly "cute" quality which helps some songs and hinders others. But like I said: what do I know? I think if you are into this kind of thing, you'll love this CD. It's certainly a step way above things like Rod Stewart doing standards or celebs who think they can sing but really can't.

The point of this story is that  Lynda Carter is very talented and very nice, so nobody should ever say anything bad about her ever, the end.

Thanks, Lynda!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's her new CD? She looks like that NOW? She looks exactly how she looked in 1979!! Is it true that Wonder Woman is beyond age?

samael7 said...

That picture is doctored, but not entirely false. Check out her entry in Wikipedia. She definitely looks more mature, but she is still, at 58, really, really pretty. She can still rivet your gaze with her cheeks and those eyes.

And, *sigh*, yes, I'm jealous of Peteykins' friend too.

Karen Zipdrive said...

lucky.

Anonymous said...

She's so amazing - canoeing on the Potomac last year and finding the floater (river rat term for drowned corpse)and calling Harbor Patrol!