Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reprint: Betty Crocker


Click for bigger, more pretentious.

I have only the vaguest memory of doing the above. Some people I sort-of knew in downtown San Diego made a freebie newsprint "nightlife guide" thingy called CLUE?  (with the question mark), because, duh, everybody wanted to make a magazine, a weekly, a nightlife guide, and you know, it's a good thing the internet came along and stopped this kind of nonsense.

Anyway! I think they offered me a page to do whatever I wanted because they liked my paintings. I guess I probably painted the image above in reverse on a sheet of acetate and then asked then to invert the colors, or maybe I painted it in white and put black paper behind the acetate. I don't have the original anymore, so I have no idea. It's sloppy, but I still like the sentiment!

I painted the Greyhound Bus logo for years, and if I ever start painting again, I'll probably paint almost nothing but Greyhound Bus logos.

2 comments:

karen marie said...

I was over at Driftglass and someone in the comment thread put up a link to your "new" blog.

I was a latecomer to Sparkle Pony and was very sad you stopped posting there. What a happy day to have found you again.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'm pretty sure if you were a dog it'd be a greyhound.